Fine jewellery is delicate and should be cared for accordingly. To extend the life of your jewellery and keep it in optimal condition, please follow the following care instructions:
- Take off your jewellery before your daily rituals such as showering, lotion, perfume, etc.
- Leave your jewellery at home before engaging in strenuous activities including going to the gym!
- Keep your jewellery away from chemicals such as perfume, hair spray, cosmetics, and lotion.
- Before bedtime, lay your jewellery out flat.
- For necklaces, clasp the necklace when removing it to assure the chain does not tangle or knot.
Even though diamonds hold a sparkle unlike any other, they can be magnets for dirt, dust, and grime. When handling your ring, avoid touching the center stone and hold it by the band to avoid getting dirt trapped under the setting. To keep it looking fresh, we recommended a deep cleaning every 2-3 weeks. You can take it to a jeweler for cleaning, or use the old fashion way of letting it sit in a small bowl of warm water and mild detergent for 10 minutes, then scrubbing gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Pat dry with a lint free cloth to avoid water stains. We also like to use our Gem Pens in between cleanings and before events.